Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day 12 - Windows n' Doors #cgsc2015

Not sure what is up with me but I've been excessively tired the last couple of days so posts are coming in late, my apologies for the lateness each day me pretties. On an up note, we are nearing the end of this challenge and I have to say I've really enjoyed spending this time with each of you, I am so grateful for such a wonderful group and have loved all the sharing, support and encouragement. I may have to come up with another challenge as I'll miss all of you after this is all done!

Today is all about clearing the dust, dirt and negative energies of the year from all our doorways and windows. Let the sun (& the beautiful full moon) shine in! I've hummed and hawed about where to start this time as I really feel it is appropriate to end at the front entry, brushing the last of the negative energies out the door with a firm good riddance and a kick in the ass ;). But, I think we can both start and end there as we have with other challenges. Grab you bucket from wall washing and using the same wash formula we're going to wipe down the door frame, but not the door itself yet.

Also on hand you need to have your favourite window cleaner. Natural cleaner is of course always best but truth be told, I've not had a great deal of luck with the quality of clean with vinegar and water. I can't stand that blue stuff though so I use a product called Invisible Glass that I buy at Costco and cotton "flour sack" towels. The streak-free clean on windows in mirrors is hard to surpass so window cleaner is the one and only chemical cleaner I use. I will post a natural cleaner here as well too, one thing I do recommend though is never use paper towel (except the resusable kind, Bambooee, that stuff rocks); cotton towels, soft rags, or blank newspaper are excellent for window cleaner (best disposable paper I ever used for windows was the wrap we had for breakable items at a retail store I worked at, but I have no idea how to get that for home use).

As before, we will work widdershins from the front entry, so to our right we go. Dust and wash the casing/frame of each door and window, then wash the doors, windows, and mirrors. Our coat closet directly to the right in our entry is a mirrored sliding door, Invisible Glass is my best friend *stupid grin*. Closet doors, bathroom doors, other entries into the home including side doors, garage entries, and sliding patio doors, plus the doors and doorways into each room of your home. Along the way we're going to do the inside of the windows as well, at least the ones you can reach. If you have a good sprayer on your garden hose and if it is not too cold out I recommend at least a decent rinse on the outside doors, windows and steps as well. Last, but not least, we're going to open up that front door and give it and the threshold a good scrub down, dump the water outside if you can, or down the tub drain and envision all those negative energies flowing out with the dirty water. There it is, that sense of clean energy as you walk back into your home, so relaxing and yet so invigorating, isn't it?

Glass Cleaner
Because who doesn't love Faerie doors?! ;)

  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 cups hot water
  • 2 - 3 drops Dawn (optional)

Love & light,
~Síonaínn **  ƸӜƷ  **

Ps. Tomorrow is furniture & floors, so get your bucket, rags, brooms, mops and vacuums ready. Friday we're smudging, decorating, and setting up our ancestor altars so consider anything you may need for that. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love ya tomorrow Me Pretties (and today, and yesterday ;) )! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment