Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 10 - Office and Craft Area #cgsc2015

Alright then, let's get crackin' sorting our offices and craft areas out. I was sure I had a picture I could show you of the one time my craft area was actually nicely organised but I can't find it so I guess it's about time I get on redoing that so I can do a photo of it organised again.

A good place to start is to sit down and really think about what crafts you love the most and in particular, which ones you will be working on over the next six months. This should give you a reasonable idea of what you need to keep on hand. Most of us will have at least a corner in a room or a closet dedicated to craft and/or office things. If you don't, you may want to do so now, create a spot, whether it's an entire room or just a rolling cart of drawers specifically for craft and office. Obviously, if it is an entire room you can have both in the same space, I still recommend separate shelving for each. If you've only space for a couple of Rubbermaid totes, do keep office and crafts separate if you can. As you sort your supplies, organise them either by like item or project, whichever suits you best, release anything you are really unlikely to work on in the next few months and toss those projects you had hoped you could fix when reality just did not match the photo on Pinterest ;).

As mentioned in a previous post, I'm not a fan of plastic containers, and while mason jars have some use in the craft area one still needs places to organise larger collections and larger items; for this I like to use plastic shoe boxes and drawer sets. Sure I could get a stack of beautiful baskets and some wooden drawer organisers but my budget really doesn't have the room for such so plastic it is. If you have the budget, by all means, it is far better for the environment to go au naturale. For the most part though, there is nothing interesting to mice in here and I certaily have no plans of eating anything out of my crafts so I'm not concerned BPA leakage, lol. This is a photo I took today of my craft closet, it looks better than the reality, trust me ;). As you can see the latest trend in chalk labels come in very handy here and the chalk pens they have now make it even easier to label your different drawers and baskets. So go ahead and figure out what system will work for you and get that shite organised so you can actually use it :).  Cheers!

Love & light,
~Síonaínn **  ƸӜƷ  **

Ps. You will likely notice there was no Day 9 post. Via my Facebook event I noted that Day 9, which was Sunday this year, would be Sunday Survey and Share Day. Essentially a day to review what has been accomplished already in your home, complete any of the previous day's challenges that need it, and to share your tribulations and your trials. And that is where Day 9 disappeared to :). See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment